We take protection of your information seriously.
Collection and use of personal information
Thistle Tech collects limited personal information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). This may include: (i) name, mailing and email addresses; (ii) physical address, city, postcode, area code. If you communicate with us by e-mail, or complete online forms, or surveys, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
• contact us for further information;
• participate in surveys and other types of research;
• subscribe to our mailing list;
• register your details on our website;
• ask for a quote to be prepared;
• express interest in a particular product or service.
Other information we may collect
For statistical purposes, we collect anonymous information on website activity. For example: top pages viewed, number of pages viewed, number of sessions, most popular session times. We use this data to evaluate our website performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. This may including click-throughs from email marketing, where these are used. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
Thistle Tech may use tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our website. Cookies may also track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We could use this information to optimise our site and create a better online experience for you.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, though they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
Alternatively, you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
How we use your information
Thistle Tech uses your information to better understand your exact needs and provide you with better service. Thistle Tech may share your Personal Information amongst related bodies corporate of Thistle Tech.
Thistle Tech may also use your Personal Information:
• to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives.
• to keep you up to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time.
• to enhance your customer experience and help us complete your transactions faster.
• for planning, product development or research purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For any users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Disclosure of personal information
We will only send Personal Information to third party organisations when:
• we have your consent to share the information;
• we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
• we need to send your information to companies that are contracted to Thistle Tech, e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, technology service providers, web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
• we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Such information remains under Thistle Tech custodianship at all times. Any agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Access and correction
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you. You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate. Contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
Third party websites
Links to third party websites on www.thistletech.co.nz are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave Thistle Tech’s site. Thistle Tech is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
Unsubscribe / opt-out
At Thistle Tech we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving email newsletters, etc, you can do so at any time, for any reason.
Thistle Tech is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes to this statement
Thistle Tech is bound by the NZ Privacy Act. For more information visit the Privacy Org website.